Spanish coffee stands out from other coffees. It provides a bold and rich flavor with a strong caffeine boost to start. Each of these Spanish coffee drinks will warm you up in no time and leave you waiting for every sip. This list includes some of the tastiest coffee cocktails out there.
- What is Spanish coffee?
- Simple Spanish Coffee Recipes
- Ingredients for making Spanish Coffee
- Step by Step Guide on Spanish Coffee Recipes
- What is Flaming Spanish Coffee?
- Spanish Coffee Drinks
- Booze Spanish Coffee Recipe
- Spanish Coffee and Brandy Recipe
- Spanish Coffee Cocktail
- Spiced Spanish Coffee Drink
- Carajillo: Classic Spanish coffee Cocktail
- Spanish coffee with Milk
- Iced Spanish Coffee (Booze)
What is Spanish coffee?
While there are variations, overall, it is an exciting coffee cocktail made with rum liqueur and coffee. It is often extravagantly covered with chocolate chips, whipped cream, syrup, and a maraschino cherry.
Spanish coffee cocktail made with rum or brandy, coffee liqueur, and freshly brewed hot coffee. It was invented during Cuba’s Spanish occupation, where soldiers began to put liquor in their coffee to give them courage. The drink was called ‘corajillo,’ and then it was changed to ‘carajillo,’ the name by which we now know it.
The Americans took the basic recipe and expanded it, adding a border of caramelized sugar to the glass produced by lighting the rum in the burning glass. Coffee liqueur and coffee are poured over, extinguishing the flame before drinking.
Sometimes you will see it served with a spoonful of whipped cream on top, which you would never see in Spain.
Simple Spanish Coffee Recipes
Preparation time: 5 minutes Ready in 5 minutes: 1 coffee cocktail
Ingredients for making Spanish Coffee
- Slices of sugar and lemon, to rim the glass
- 1 oz of resistant rum, such as Bacardi 151
- 2oz coffee liqueur, such as ‘Kahlua.’
- 1/2 cup of fresh coffee
Step by Step Guide on Spanish Coffee Recipes
- Pour the sugar into a shallow dish. Rub the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge. Press the edge on the sugar to obtain a pleasant uniform layer.
- Make the coffee.
- Do pour the rum into a glass of wine.
- Tilt the glass of wine at a 45-degree angle. Using long or lighter matches, turn on the rum.
- Use your index and middle fingers to grab the stem of the glass, gently mixing the flaming rum in a circular motion to caramelize the sugar.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg and cinnamon in the glass, then quickly add liqueur and hot coffee to the rum.
- Optional: drink with cream, whipped cream, or both, along with more nutmeg and cinnamon.
Learn more about How to Make a Spanish Latte? Spanish Latte Recipes
What is Flaming Spanish Coffee?
Although coffee liqueurs, rum, and coffee are still present. There is a crucial additional step added to the process: FIRE is it! That’s right; you kindle it on fire. Not only does it create a rather sweet atmosphere, but fire helps caramelize sugar on the rim of the glass and brings out a unique flavor in spices.
To light this drink at room temperature, you need a rum-proof rum, sometimes labeled 151 rum-proof: normal rum (about 80 rum-proof) does not light without first heating it.
Spanish Coffee Drinks
Booze Spanish Coffee Recipe
Tipsy Bartender shares a Spanish coffee recipe that uses a few alcoholic beverages, coffee, whipped cream, and more. It has a great impact on its delicious flavor and strong alcohol content. This makes it the perfect drink for any party or social gathering.
Spanish Coffee and Brandy Recipe
Transform your Spanish coffee with this Creative Culinary recipe. The two main ingredients needed for this are brandy and espresso. This tasty combination will turn your cocktail into a rich and tasty coffee drink that is worth craving.
Spanish Coffee Cocktail
Blossom to Stem shares a recipe for a Spanish cocktail full of rich flavors. Tending to be bittersweet, this cocktail is a perfect complement to many sweeter dessert treats. Each sip offers a perfectly balanced blend of coffee and alcohol aroma.
Spiced Spanish Coffee Drink
For the Love Of Cooking has a spicy Spanish coffee drink recipe that could easily become your favorite cocktail drink. A delicious blend of Kahula, rum, triple sec, and lime contains just a few of the tasty ingredients found in this delicious drink.
Carajillo: Classic Spanish coffee Cocktail
The Other Side of the Tortilla has a fantastic Spanish cocktail recipe that you can easily prepare in your kitchen. Carajillo cocktail has tons of soft and sweet flavor, making it a soft and fresh drink to drink.
Spanish coffee with Milk
Barefeet In The Kitchen shares a 3-ingredient Spanish coffee perfect for morning preparation. Using the classic combination of espresso, milk, and sugar gives you that caffeine kick in a tasty way.
Iced Spanish Coffee (Booze)
Just a Pinch has one of the most addicting iced Spanish coffee recipes we’ve encountered so far. Using a cinnamon-rimmed glass filled with a rich cold coffee, Kahlua, triple sec, and stroke, this drink will add a significant touch to your coffee cocktail set.
Read more about Best Cuban Coffee Brands 2022.
If you’ve tried it, we want to know how it went. Leave a comment. Even better, if you have photos, please share with us!