How to Make Dirty Iced Chai Latte: Simple & Easy Recipe: The Dirty iced Chai Latte is a great drink for Monday morning. Iced Chai Lattes is my favorite drink to drink in a cafe or to prepare at home. Usually, the coffee shop will add a couple of shots of espresso to a chai latte to make it a dirty chai. I wanted to make it as simple as possible at home, so I use cold coffee in this recipe. In my opinion, it couldn’t be better! Cold coffee never has a bitter taste that coffee always has and is easy enough to prepare at home.
What is Dirty Chai Latte?
Dirty Chai Lattes are a variant of Masala Chai based on espresso coffee and Caffe Lattes. Like Masala Chai, Dirty Chai Lattes are generally made with spiced black tea. The spices most commonly used in Dirty Chai Lattes are cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and black pepper.
Like Caffe Lattes, Dirty Chai Lattes contains a single or double shot of espresso and steamed milk. The dirty Chai Lattes has recently become a popular café drink due to its warm and attractive flavor.
How to Make Dirty Iced Chai Latte at Home:
First of all, cold coffee must be brewed for at least 24 hours or a beer is just as good. Cold coffee is less acidic and not bitter at all, making it a truly smooth drink, no matter how you choose to drink it!
Chai tea can be brewed with 2 cups of boiling water and a teabag. Sometimes I make a half-gallon jar to keep in the fridge for the whole week and it makes it easy to prepare milk very quickly.
Next, coconut milk is added along with cinnamon and maple syrup to naturally sweeten. I wouldn’t use maple syrup if the flavors didn’t mix well, but in this case, they do it perfectly! Coconut milk is the best choice for a creamy drink and the taste is incredible!
I add all these ingredients to a blender and mix well. Pour into a glass full of ice and enjoy!
Simple & Easy Recipe How to Make Dirty Iced Chai Latte
Ingredients for Making Dirty Iced Chai Latte
- 2 Cups of boiling water
- 1-2 Chai tea bags
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of Cold coffee, to Taste or 3 ounces. Espresso
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Step by Step Preparation for Making Dirty Iced Chai Latte
- Add the tea bags and two cups of water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for at least 10 minutes. Remove the sachet and let the tea cool slightly.
- Add the tea and the rest of the ingredients to a blender and mix until completely combined and frothy.
- Pour into two glasses filled with ice. To enjoy!
- Maple syrup can be increased if necessary for sweetness.
Starbucks Iced Chai Tea Latte
One of my favorite coffee drinks to order at Starbucks is the dirty Chai Latte. Just think, Chai Tea with steamed milk and 2 shots of espresso! It’s cool. The spices of Chai tea combined with bold espresso and then frothy almond milk makes me happy. Don’t you want a hot drink? No problem.
Tip: Pour the coconut milk into a Cup of frozen milk of chai tea
Chai tea is made from a blend of black tea, ginger, and other spicy nutrient-rich spices.
- Cardamom: flavors of cinnamon but with a note of smoked musk
- Cinnamon: for sweetness and general immune health
- Ginger: for a more spicy note of chai and helps in intestinal health and immune health
- Fennel: gives a smooth note of anise or licorice
- Black peppercorns: give the chai a spicy touch
- Star anise: it can give a deeper licorice flavor, I love the smell of star anise
- Cloves: rich in antioxidants and help regulate blood sugar levels.
What I Love About Tea Chai
When I drank chai for the first time, it seemed too sweet, but the spices and the pinch of black pepper intrigued me from the beginning! One of the reasons I like making chai tea at home is because I can control how sweet it is. And I have to drive at least 20 minutes to the nearest bar.
I usually use Chai tea bags to simplify life. But, I did mix the spices and mix it with a strong black tea. I like mixing spices, but it requires a lot of spices. It doesn’t seem to last long when used regularly. All of this can be expensive, so using tea bags is fast and cheaper. Please, let us know about the article and how you enjoy your dirty iced chai latte.